The Wine Society have a free BBQ with wine online event on 22 Aug 2023 7:00 – 08:00 pm.
Join Emma Briffett and Ewan Murray from The Society’s Tastings & Events team as they share their guidance on pairing wine with outdoor grill food. They’ll discuss what combinations work well and which ones to avoid. Is it only about robust reds or can more subtle choices shine too?
You’re encouraged to prepare your own food for the session, trying out pairings as the conversation unfolds with an opportunity to ask your questions.
A recording of the event is available on YouTube.
The wines tasted were:
- Kumeu River Pinot Gris 2022
- Rosé Cuvée Villány, Heumann 2022
- Paris Valley Road California Zinfandel 2018
- Wirra Wirra Original Blend McLaren Vale Grenache Shiraz 2022
The favourite wine of the night, decided by poll, was the Zinfandel.
A few books were mentioned:
- Charred: The Complete Guide to Vegetarian Grilling and Barbecue by Genevieve Taylor
- Vegan BBQ: 70 delicious plant-based recipes to cook outdoors by Katy Beskow
- Fire & Smoke: get grilling with 120 delicious barbecue recipes by Rich Harris
- Fire Food: The Ultimate BBQ Cookbook by DJ BBQ